Board index » English Forums » Announcement & Information  » New Version 9.0

[ 5 posts ]
Author
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:47 pm 
Railroad & Co.

New Version 9

Dear Railroaders,

it's time !! After several years of development, the new Version 9 of all Railroad & Co. programs has been released on September 15, 2017 . Licenses are available in our :arrow: shop.

:arrow: New Functions
:arrow: Start of Sales and Release
:arrow: Upgrades

Post subject: The new Functions of Version 9
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:48 pm 
Railroad & Co.

The new Functions of Version 9:

In the center of all improvements stands - how could it be otherwise - our flagship: TrainControllerâÄ¢ Gold. This program contains about 100 new features, improvements, and internal optimizations.

Besides a revision of the user interface, we focused in version 9 on inner values​​. Many new features are especially designed to make the activity with your model railroad more interesting, more varied and more realistic.

The following highlights are singled out:

All Programs:

:arrow: New user interface with Ribbon as known from the current Microsoft Office versions.

:arrow: More than 30 new user interface designs.

:arrow: Specific design with the possibility to adjust the primary colors of the user interface to personal taste.

:arrow: The complete functionality provided by the +HardwareâÄ¢ Version 8 extension is available in the core products.

TrainControllerâÄ¢ - All Editions:

:arrow: Pins - a new outstanding and unique feature: information about possible problems is displayed in the track diagram where they occur rather than in a simple and hard to read list as in the message window.
Attachment:
Pins1.jpg
Pins1.jpg [ 19.84 KiB | Viewed 90167 times ]
Attachment:
Pins2.jpg
Pins2.jpg [ 23.79 KiB | Viewed 90167 times ]
:arrow: Smart switchboard symbols with own intelligence for control of the crossing gates at single or multi-track railway crossings as well as gates of engine sheds or other gates passed by trains.

:arrow: The use of the clipboard (CTRL+C, CTRL+X, CTRL+V) is possible in many data entry windows (for triggers, conditions, operations, locomotive functions, train descriptions, rules, etc.).

TrainControllerâÄ¢ Gold:

:arrow: The status of the user interface can be optionally stored in a separate file, which allows to edit the project file on different computers with individual settings and window arrangement of the user interface for each of these computers.

:arrow: Switchboard data and switchboard windows are now separated from each other. It is possible to change between the display of several switchboards in one single switchboard window. It is also possible to create several switchboard windows (e.g. with different views) for the same switchboard.

:arrow: The measurement of the speed profile can be performed by using almost arbitrary third party speed measurement facilities.

:arrow: High Precision Scaling (HPS), Extended Profile Generation (EPG), and Adaptive Braking Procedure (ABP) improve the accuracy of braking ramps and calculated stop points in a triple manner.

:arrow: All lists of objects (blocks, routes, schedules, etc.) in the dispatcher window now provide an optional tree view.

:arrow: AutoTrain can be edited like regular schedules via its own block diagram. It is possible to remove blocks or routes from this diagram, which excludes them from being used in AutoTrain runs. It is furthermore possible to edit the properties of AutoTrain with almost the same range of options (such as start and destination op-erations, driving mode, rules, permitted trains, condition, etc.) like regular schedules.

:arrow: Blocks or routes can be excluded from being used in spontaneous runs.

:arrow: Many program settings can be made much more flexible with variables. Variables offer their own "programming world" with innumerable new possibilities.

:arrow: An extension of the schedule rule Start the oldest train provides improved balance between coincidence and predictability with regard to the train started by a schedule and thus the viewer much more interesting operation.

:arrow: The new schedule rule Maximum Detour allows the intelligent bypass of obstacles on the track.

:arrow: Associated tracks can be combined into stations. This allows not only simplified and improved control of operation, but also adapted signaling for local shunting operations.

:arrow: Smart Booster Management (also virtually without "real" boosters).

:arrow: etc. etc. etc.

At best, you gain an idea right now. The :arrow: change description for TrainControllerâÄ¢ Silver and Gold describes all innovations of these two editions.

TrainControllerâÄ¢ Silver:

In addition to the innovations mentioned for all editions, the following very interesting features are now also available to the users of TrainControllerâÄ¢ Silver:

:arrow: The automatic calculation of block diagrams is now possible for all switchboards.

:arrow: Switchboard data and switchboard windows are now separated from each other. It is possible to change between the display of several switchboards in one single switchboard window. It is also possible to create several switchboard windows (e.g. with different views) for the same switchboard.

:arrow: Connector symbols in the switchboard allow to connect the block diagrams of different switchboards with each other.

:arrow: HPS, EPG and ABP (see above) improve the accuracy of braking ramps and calculated stop points in a triple manner.

TrainControllerâÄ¢ Bronze:

:arrow: This edition provides numerous improvements of the ease of use, too, such as new user interface designs and many other improvements.

More details can be found in the :arrow: change description for TrainController Bronze.

TrainProgrammerâÄ¢:

:arrow: For TrainProgrammer, too, there a new user interface designs and other improvements of the ease of use.

SmarthandâÄ¢ Mobile:

:arrow: Full and individual customization of the switchboard view (colors, track styles, highlighting, grid style, grid size, etc.) for each particular mobile device.

:arrow: Train sets can be arranged on mobile devices with the train set view (TrainControllerâÄ¢ Gold only).

Post subject: Start of Sales and Release
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:50 pm 
Railroad & Co.

Start of Sales and Release:

The following FAQ answer all your questions related to the sale and release of the new version 9.

:?: When is the release of version 9?
The general release of version 9 was done at September 15, 2017.

:?: When can I purchase licenses for version 9?
From September 15, 2017.

:arrow: I just wanted to purchase version 8 of a program. Now version 9 is available, but I would like to continue with version 8 for the time being. Is this possible?
Of course this is possible! In our :arrow: shop we sell only licenses for version 9. However, with the license codes you can also unlock the version 8, if you want to use it for the time being.

:?: Do you also offer upgrades for the change from previous versions?
Of course! All questions relating to upgrades are treated in separate :arrow: FAQ.

:?: Do the answers to the above questions also apply to upgrades?
Yes. Moreover, there are specific :arrow: FAQ for upgrades.

Post subject: Upgrades
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:51 pm 
Railroad & Co.

Upgrades:

The following FAQ answer all your questions related to upgrade to the new version 9.

:?: Is the change to the new version 9 free of charge?
This depends on the product. For TrainController and TrainProgrammer the change is not free. For other products the change is free. For these products the license key that you used for previous versions, is also valid for version 9.

:?: Are there reduced upgrade prices for TrainController 9 and TrainProgrammer 9?
Yes, there are. They depend on from which edition or version to which edition or version you want to upgrade. Exact prices are published in our :arrow: shop.

:?: I have bought TrainController 8 or TrainProgrammer 8 recently. Do I now have to pay the regular price for the upgrade to version 9?
We offer all users, who purchased TrainController 8 or TrainProgrammer 8 recently, i.e. from March 15, 2017, to switch to Version 9 by paying a small handling fee. Note, however, that the upgrade at this small handling fee must be ordered until December 31, 2017. Thereafter, the normal upgrade price to upgrade from version 8 to version 9 applies for these users, too.

:?: I purchased after March 15, 2017, no full version, but an upgrade to TrainController 8 or TrainProgrammer 8. Is the offer to change at the small handling fee as mentioned in the previous answer valid for me, too?
The offer is also valid in this case.

:?: I bought TrainController 8 or TrainProgrammer 8 unfortunately shortly before March 15, 2017. Does the above mentioned small handling fee really not apply for me?
Unfortunately this is a common problem of such deadlines. No matter when it is set, in every case there are people, who made their purchase just before the deadline. But it may be, that our system provides those users who bought TrainController or TrainProgrammer 8 "immediately before" March 15, 2017, the change at the small handling fee, too, as a gesture of goodwill and without incurring a legal claim. You can test yourself, whether this applies for you, by initiating a trial order.

:?: I bought TrainController 8 or TrainProgrammer 8 only a few days before the release date of version 9 on September 15, 2017. Even though the above mentioned handling fee is low, do I still have to pay something again?
All licenses purchased in the last days before the release of version 9 are already valid for version 9. If the software does not ask for a license code after installation of version 9, this also applies to your license.

:?: Who is covered by the upgrade prices?
The upgrade prices apply to all users who have purchased their previous license directly from us or from an authorized reseller.

:?: I purchased my current license used from another user. Can I get a discounted upgrade to the new version 8?
Unfortunately, no. The upgrade pricing is designed to honor a certain loyalty of our customers. Since you have chosen not to be our customer of this product, you cannot benefit from the upgrade.

:?: I purchased my original full version 5.8 or 7 from another user, but then I bought the upgrade to version 8 from Freiwald Software. Can I now get an upgrade to the new version 9?
Yes. For permission to upgrade only the recently acquired license for the product prevails. It is not required, that this was a full version, it may also have been an upgrade.

:?: Can I tell myself if I am eligible for an upgrade?
Check the name that is displayed in the information box in the Help menu of the previously used version of the program. If your name, the name of your club or your company is displayed here, then you, your club or your company is eligible for the upgrade.

:?: In this dialog the name of another person is displayed. Now what?
Before purchasing an upgrade, you should contact us. We then clarify for you if you can get an upgrade or not.

:?: How do I order an upgrade?
Follow the steps outlined :arrow: here.

:?: How do I order an upgrade, if I can benefit from the small handling fee described above?
Follow the steps outlined :arrow: here, too. The description is also valid for this case. The system automatically applies the small handling fee instead of the regular upgrade price.

:?: What is the amount of the small handling fee?
The fee depends on several individual factors. It can not be specified universally in advance. However, you can easily determine the fee for your existing license yourself. If you follow :arrow: these instructions, the upgrade will be added to the shopping cart and the amount of the fee will be displayed. No problem if you do not want to order the upgrade anyway. Just delete the upgrade from your shopping cart or simply do not complete the order until the end.

:?: Can I get further information and assistance for the small handling fee?
The fee was calculated as attractive and low as possible. It only covers the costs of issuing and billing a license valid for version 9. Please understand that we can not answer any direct questions for this fee for cost reasons. All you need to know is provided here. If this information is still not sufficient for you, just wait until 2018 and then order the upgrade as usually in :arrow: our shop at the listed regular price.

Please note that the above contents are solely intended to satisfy your need for information. They are in particular not legally binding. Legally binding information is available in our terms & conditions, the price lists in our shop and the license conditions that are attached to each product.

Post subject: Re: Upgrades
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:48 pm 
Railroad & Co.

Content updated today.

[ 5 posts ]